Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Gold: A triple top maybe ?

I haven't quit using "those silly assed forks", Wayno. I use whatever trendlines are the most appropriate and compatible for the existing pattern that will best define the current trend or situation of a market. In the case of the current daily gold chart, it is not conducive to, or appropriate to use a fork in this instance with the current prevailing pattern being what it is, an ascending triangle.

Wayno says: "The forks are a lessor understanding of the bigger picture. In other words they are like Microsoft software...all MS is, is a method by which the computer is dumbed down so the idiot masses can work a computer...same with forks."

That is precisely why I use the forks when given the opportunity to do so, so that I can get a clearer picture of where market price can possibly go. The center line and upper and lower reaction lines of a fork gives a poor dumb bloke a heads up in advance of what is possible for the market to do. I have found that when used in combination with the "golden ratio" calculations of a waveform, the forks are an invaluable tool that can enhance anyones trading toolbox.

Messages In This Thread

Re: Gold: A triple top maybe ?