Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Fundamental Focus: Understanding / Coral

Coral,

This was written to make traders think they need to learn the methods taught by "Optionetics.com" to make money. I think this is a mistake often made by traders, and the type mistake that results in so many traders losing money,. It compares to traders (clients) that believe brokers have the answers to profitable trading.

Commodities is not the only industry that works the same.. one of my personal favorites "golf", many golfers will look at the latest equipment to improve their game, or go to a "PGA" pro for lessons. Like the futures market this maybe be the cause of the problems rather than the solution.

I have said it several times on this forum, and it is worth saying again.. it is the trading ability of the individual that makes the difference. I point to low risk ways to develope the skill, or test your skill.. games like chess, bridge, and my favorite "poker". Why poker? Because it has all the elements needed by trader to make decisions, and the risk enevolved. There are many low risk ways of measuring your trading ability rather than risk a large sum of money on trading commodities without the skills required to make trading decisions.

Books, classes, technical/ fundamental methods are all tools of the trade, but they support the trader they do not make a trader.

Again a good trader can make money using the most basic tools, a bad trader will lose money using the best tools designed. They can be told of a prefect trade, and lose money by making common mistakes of how to manage the trade.

Why is it that so many lose money? They don't understand what they need comes from "within". They look for answers in all the wrong places, and often from the wrong people. A company like "Optionetics.com" may be a good example.. once a person has deveolped to trading skills "Optionetics.com" may be a good tool to use. However, most importantly, without the skills the tools are worthless.

Salute

Messages In This Thread

Re: Fundamental Focus: Understanding / Coral