Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: March Gasoline/ Holding its Breakout/trades

Back the end of April, there looks to have been a very similar breakout pattern there as well.

One is at the end of a green bottom bar, the 20dMA held on the pullback, then after that spike>>>

That HUGE collapse in the price?

Is this what is meant by "there is substantial risk of loss"...

Did anyone predict that end-april collapse on the back of an apparent 'buy' signal?

I'd love to get signals that were able to say "sell" ahead of the final upward spurt as it were...

The trouble with signals is they have a tendency to not kick in until the move one is chasing is already 75% done I think.

Are beans only a sell on a break below 1350? What's the extra risk in shorting them right now at 1390 and getting an extra 40 points out of it, possibly in intra-day trading, without any kind of breakdown in the price necassary?

I only ask this as a layman on a learning curve.

Messages In This Thread

Re: March Gasoline/ Holding its Breakout/trades