Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: SI Fut Chain
In Response To: SI Fut Chain ()

Don't want to jump into to something that I know nothing-ZIP about.
BUT, in Stocks and probably in general?
TIME is your enemy when trading options?
So TIME is probably the killer for a high % of losers?
For investment purposes. I like to do 6 months or longer, deep in the money options. 20% to 30% ITM.
But in general I like, depending on some things the near by month quick trade.

But again. That is stock and ETF options! And the way I do it and look at it.
I have never traded a commodity option and probably never will? I always traded the futures.

No matter what, it all boils down to the way one looks at the markets and the consistant way that they themselves trade.

You are probably right about a crash? But I am so glad that I don't look at markets and trading that way.

Some of the GLD options may have moved close to 100% during the day friday? I know some made 30% or more.
Because I took out 20% and 50% on some.

When you want to try the easy way? ;) Look into to stock-etf options? Scan once or twice a week a do what you want the rest of the time.
There are moves of 500% to thousands of % almost evry other week? If you can figure out how to get those consistantly? Let me know! LOL! ;)
I take the easy way out. So unless it is straight up and quick. I won't get those 1000% trades. ;)

Messages In This Thread

Re: SI Fut Chain