Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: SI Fut Chain/Trend
In Response To: Re: SI Fut Chain/Trend ()

Hi Trend,
Thanks for the comments/Links.

The 2 links are good but do not address futures options.

BTW The Tradestation pdf I think would be a good read for anyone wanting to get started in options, but again, does not address futures options.

Not wanting to get too long here:

There are no charts for futures options that I have found.

It is difficult to relate the option value to the underlying. It can be done manually and is very time consuming.

In the case of SI there are options in 5 cent increments of strike. Making for a huge list and most have no open interest. Leads to a "make work" project to pull out the data of interest.

Most have a low OI so you are at the mercy of the exchange/market maker to sell.

So, the entire picture is not nearly as clear as that for Stocks/ETF's.

So, has been an interesting exercise, and quite likely the conclusion may be that it "is not wise" to fiddle with futures options.

In the present case with SIH11 it was a pure and simple expectation that it was about to come crashing down. Wait too long and the entry fee gets too high for my liking.

With my luck, SI will crash and burn in March after the options expire !!!!!

Thanks, Lee

Messages In This Thread

Re: SI Fut Chain/Trend