Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Silver Futures Options #4-A/Lee/Trades

Hi Trades, All

More on the options saga ...

OK ....
The displayed data for the Feb11 options went to 0 days to exp. at 1pm est = 12 pm Central as might be expected.

Actual expiration is "end of day session" when ever that is ...

So, to fit into the "max damage range" being discussed SIH11 has to get up a bit (above 27.5) for max. damage otherwise [524 puts at 27 and 264 puts at 27.5] will remain ITM. There is nothing coming close on the Call side.

So any support to the "max. damage theory" has to see SIH11
at day close Wed. in the 27.5 to 28 range.

With SIH11 currently at 26.95 I really see no great hurdle to it getting above 27.5 for market close Wed. afternoon.

So, we will see how things pan out. And likely the FOMC statement at 2:15 complicates the picture for the Feb11 SI futures options expiring right about then.

Here is a link to the CME Pdf on the Silver Futures.
http://www.cmegroup.com/rulebook/NYMEX/1a/116.pdf

Note that this is just a "science project" on the futures options behavior. It remains to be seen just what will be learned !!

A quick observation:
SIH11 just hit 27.025 and kicked 524 options OOM !!

At 27.5 will kick another 264 out, but maybe they won't get too greedy !!

BTW, I allow I may have screwed up looking at the data, or it changed ....
The 27P has the largest OI at 524 so "max damage" may well occur if SIH11 stays above 27.

Lee

Messages In This Thread

Re: Silver Futures Options #4-A/Lee/Trades