Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Mubarak says to stay in power/Lee

Yup, definitely a surprise given the reports earlier in the day suggesting he would announce a full resignation.

If he had followed through with such a public announcement today then I would have expected to see a good sell-off in crude and PM's in the coming days. With this new development, uncertainty will remain the order of the day near-term. Mubarak is a stubborn SOB hangin' on like he is...power is a seductive drug no doubt.

For now, I'll stay on the sidelines with the whole 'risk trade' as any surge up in those sectors could dissappear in a heartbeat on 'good' news. Might see a viable shorting opportunity in the commodity sector when a peaceful resolution comes to pass, which I anticipate will happen within weeks...too much pressure from too many corners for that not to happen ultimately.

Messages In This Thread

Re: Mubarak says to stay in power/Lee