Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Top for Corn? -trend
In Response To: Re: Top for Corn? -trend ()

I don't like to really recommend any certain brokerage or software, because it seems each individual likes certain things and each person needs to look around and just pick a few that offer what they need and try them out. You know it ain't like their ain't HUNDRDS to choose from! LOL!

But I will say, I have never had any problems with any of the many brokerages I have used over the years. So I say pick a few of the lowest commission ones that offer what you want and need. I now use. TradeStation, OptionsXpress, TOS and MB.

Also the same on software. Look around and pick what you want and need. I use TradeStation and StockFinder the most, and also have AmiBroker.
But the TOS stuff seems to be good and something I may look into when time allows.
I just wish I was a programmer or a few years younger. If I was younger I would learn programming as soon as possible. ;) Lots of stuff I do for myself and others, is programmed by others that know programming. I can only do basic stuff, mainly in TradeStation.
I believe StockFinder uses VB.net?

You mentioned NinjaTrader? I have also looked at that.
It is a very good software package and FREE! ;)
It seems one can do about anything they would want to do with it, if they can program?
You also mentioned writing C#? Are you a programmer?
How about programming with the TOS software?
If you are a programmer, and know trading, you can be well ahead of the game. ;)

Anywat try many and pick what you like, want and need!

Messages In This Thread

Re: Top for Corn? -trend