Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: HAL..Natgas costs...J.J.
In Response To: Re: HAL..Natgas costs...J.J. ()

Hi Hal,
I started to look into Ng production costs a few weeks back when Trades posted the comments on the CNG for Chicago taxis. Also have an interest in LNG. Trades also posted on a company GL?? that has transport ships and offloading ships for re-gasification of LNG at various offloading ports to tie into the destination pipeline system. That company seems to be doing very well.

What caught my interest was my expectation that the Liquification process, low temp. high pressure transport and final regasification for insertion into the local Ng pipeline system would be fairly expensive.\\

As Trades pointed out, the GL?? Co. is doing quite well.

I concluded that there must be a fair amount of "low cost production" gas out there with no readily available pipelines to bring it to market.

So, I became curious about production costs AND FRANKLY did not turn up much of anything as quickly as I thought I should be able to. Ran out of time and quit at that point.

You mentioned EnCana and their quarterly report:

Here is link to report:
http://www.encana.com/investors/financial/2010/pdfs/q3-supplemental.pdf

This is title of section that seems to have some data:
[attempt to display the data did not work very well]

Supplemental Oil and Gas Operating Statistics (unaudited)

I clearly did not figure it out.

Clearly, to me at least, no company wants to expose their costs to their competition. But I do think some "ball park" numbers should be out there somewhere ???

I did not succeed as yet in finding anything !!!

JJ has certainly asked enough times to no avail and I certainly expect that he has tried as well.

Hal, do you have any further thoughts. I certainly recognize your comments on the variables in the equation.

Thanks, Lee

Messages In This Thread

Re: HAL..Natgas costs...J.J.