Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Sold my may 36 si. call for 1.02.

Good to see you take a nice profit. Glassy eyed bulls that ignore reality tend to hold it till its margin call time or the options expire worthless. Nothing goes to the moon. I recall in '79 when Silver went crazy everyone was buying all the way down from $50 over and over again until in the end I didn't dare tell anyone I had made great money on it as everyone I knew that traded Silver lost their shirts. Some whip lashed on the volatile way up but most buying all the way down as they knew it was going to go back up again. I recall especially when it fell back to $10 a well known Silver and Gold expert said at $10 Silver was basically FREE with present day inflation. And he said anyone who wasn't loading the boat with bags of junk Silver at least was a fool. He lost his credibility over time like all precious metal bulls did. They seem to have been resurrected of late,lol. And keep in mind the inflation back then was far higher than anything seen today. Interest rates on homes were 15% to 21% and everything was going up. No cheap crap from China then. A VCR cost $400 to $500,lol. A TV far more. And we all know how the story ended. Badly as usual............

Messages In This Thread

Re: Sold my may 36 si. call for 1.02.