Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re:What If We Had a Bubble and Nobody Came?/Bill W

Hi Bill,
Well, I would clearly like to think someone knows what they are doing ???? BUTTTTTTT,

I clearly remember back in the 70's when the Shah of Iran was forced out and Khomeini took over.

What I no longer remember is all of the "fine details" but we got our butts handed to us on that one.

My ex wife and I were a "host family" to representatives to the UN Consular Corps. One was Ali P. (hope he survived, but I doubt it) he was aligned with the current government of the Shah when the turmoil began. He was re-called to Iran, but he thought it was a "promotion" and saw no serious issues with what was going on. How wrong he was, it was only a matter of days before Khomeini took over. [Never heard from him again, and we always kept in touch when he went back and forth.]

Further, before he left, the view was that the Shah would weather the storm, and the US was strongly supporting the Shah. Well, the US seriously miss judged that one and I have little confidence that the US will do any better now.

The main thing that has changed is the Internet communications, and if that can be kept up and running, maybe there is a chance that the general population will be able to prevail in bringing about change. Hopefully for the better, but I seriously doubt the US govt. will have a good handle on it !!

The only "good" that I have seen coming out of "US govt." lately is the award of the Air Force Tanker program to Boeing rather than Airbus. If somebody stood up and said those jobs are staying in the US and screw the bids "good for them" !!!!!

Lee

Messages In This Thread

Re:What If We Had a Bubble and Nobody Came?/Bill W