Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: TD Bank Coins +/Lee
In Response To: TD Bank Coins +/Trades, ++ ()

Well all I can tell you is Canadian banks have been gobbling up U.S.banks and other financial companies for some time now. Like Ameritrade is now TD Ameritrade. And the insurance company John Hancock is now a Canadian owned insurance company. And it goes on and on. Canadian banks know the mindset of Americans and how they like to think of things as "American". That is why they call themselves abbreviated names like TD rather than Toronto Dominion bank. Also BMO Financial is really Bank of Montreal. And RBC Capital Markets is really Royal Bank of Canada. And C.I.B.C. Financial is really Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce. And BNS is really Bank of Nova Scotia. They are highly profitable. Look at today's earnings announcement of TD and look at a stock chart today.. Banks in Canada are few but large and have branches right across Canada and are all over the world and are getting larger with take overs of smaller banks especially ones in trouble. They then buy them for pennies on the dollar. They tend to be highly profitable so don't think you are getting away with anything Lee. Somewhere down the line you will be paying dearly for things. I and many others don't deal with Canadian banks much as they are famous for two biting you to death with fees for everything. They drive people here crazy with their fees for stuff. Their fees account for a large percentage of their profits. I deal with a Credit Union that always has my back and no fees. They show customers how to get the best rates and less fees and other costs. They told me how to get paid interest on my business account with a simple change they set up for free. A bank will never have your back like that. Credit Unions are booming out here and anyone with any financial sense is switching to them here. So be warned. Check your statements and watch what you sign. They are not that profitable by giving you a great deal.

Messages In This Thread

Re: TD Bank Coins +/Lee