Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: TD Bank Coins +/Lee/Trades
In Response To: Re: TD Bank Coins +/Lee ()

Hi Trades,
Thanks for all those comments !

First the explanation of the Canadian banking/company names, I had no real understanding of that.

What I was primarily referring to was the "superb attitude, behavior" of the employees.

From your earlier post, I understood that TD was expanding into the US and assumed much of what they were offering was to build a larger customer base.

Everything that I stated in that post, I have in writing and will go back through it. But, frankly, I did not care at the outset because my experience over the years has always been - banks will do what they do when they get ready to do it and there is usually a loophole somewhere. So, you just change banks !!

This started almost as a "lark" over the coin counting haircut, evolved into their finding their "local branch in Vermont" and "forward we went" !!

I cannot identify a bank in Vermont, past or present that is not as you described "fees for everything" !!

My current bank in PA has performed flawlessly for over 10 years. The only change was the 5/mo fee for the online bill pay that began a few years ago. I thought that so trivial/reasonable that I just blew it off. I don't have all that many bills but the stamps probably wash it. Then there is the convenience. Just not having to write out checks, put payment stubs etc. into envelopes, and all the crap that goes with it (I don't have to write it all out here.) I would likely not resist $25 or so a month just to avoid all of that crap !!!

Maybe they will charge $100 to notarize my signature if the need arises (I didn't ask - just thought of it !!).

Anyway .... Opening an account with all that I described for that HUGE deposit of $14++ amazed me. It will last for a while before fees start to crop up. I don't intend to switch/close my current account. I will just test this TD account for awhile.

The behaviors of the employees that I dealt with did not just happen because I was "lucky" or my "good looks" .... It says something about the current attitude of the company. How long it lasts, remains to be seen !!!

Thanks, Lee

Messages In This Thread

Re: TD Bank Coins +/Lee/Trades