Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: equivalence of time and price/Roger

The first thing I notice about that chart is how many turning points are listed. For goodness sakes, he's bound to hit something, especially if he is not saying whether or not he thinks it will be a high or low. The only way he could be wrong was if the market went up every single day or down every single day. As long as there are even minor reactions, he will be able to claim some accuracy. He could possibly be credited with something if that market has a long sharp defined trend between the dates of Feb 17 and July 29, as is implied by the chart. If his bold dates are of higher importance, that also could be beneficial. I'm not trying to rain on the guy (I don't know a thing about him). It is a somewhat different thing to measure TIME AND PRICE together, to identify prices in time that define the trend (points that will not be broken). At these turning points, price will balance with time to confirm the turn.

As for your question to explain why he chose these dates, this is a good question. Every market (or sector) resonates with the individual cycles differently. If this were not the case, every market would be identical, and every market chart would have the same dates for turning points. The grains (which i study exclusively) are synchronized more closely with certain cycles than I'm sure stocks do. All this to say that I don't know why he has chosen the dates that he has.

I understand the desire to chart the projected turning points, and you are very good at putting the material in a visible form for the reader. I just have to be careful with the things I say on this site. I have had many instances where someone intentionally twists any information I post.
Roger

Messages In This Thread

Re: equivalence of time and price/Roger