Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: 'Natural Gas...Ronbo...ECA *PIC*

Hey Ronbo, yer most welcome...glad to hear that you are already profiting in the early stages of what should prove to be a very lucrative long-term bull market IMHO.

That is certainly not a common view at this point in time, and it will likely take significantly higher prices to confirm such a trend change in the minds of most market participants. That will probably occur somewhere above your $6 target, which I agree is both reasonable and attainable over the coming months. At that point perhaps the masses will proclaim that the bear is dead with some measure of confidence. Fortunately, I've positioned myself to profit handsomely even if NG falls well short of that level...$4.50 would make for a decent year and anything over $5 would have me smiling large :)

I'm pleased with the movement of NG producers. In particular, the low-cost industry giant Encana has performed quite well recently, and bolsters my confidence that the move in NG is legitimate given that the equities usually lead the charge when the underlying commodity they produce is about to break out. Booked profit on half my ECA shares today though, with a view to adding back on a test of the breakout if/when it comes...seemed prudent after a strong seven day advance that started with a new 52 week high this morning but ended with a close below the prior double-top resistance at $34.73-34.76...NAV over $50 per share on this one, plus a 2.3% dividend...

Messages In This Thread

Re: 'Natural Gas...Ronbo...ECA *PIC*