Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: more coolness

Hi Wayne,

I can't help but post this !!

Excerpt from the article you referenced:
The X-47B is being developed to take off from an aircraft carrier, drop a bomb on an enemy target and then land back on a carrier, controlled entirely by a computer. It's a big step up in technology because current combat drones, such as the Predator and Reaper, are controlled remotely by a human pilot.

But it's still years down the line before the X-47B will be carrier ready. In the meantime, we have the video.

I'm sure I will "touch some sore spots here" but note above ahort paragraph !! [Carrier ready is Navy, isn't it ???!!]

Now look at "Lockheed Skunk works comment" #15 added by "Ben Rich" successor to Kelly Johnson, who put forth the "original 14 rules".

Rule No. 15 (unwritten rule from Ben Rich's memiors)
"Starve before doing business with the damned Navy." (They don't know what in hell they want and will drive you up a wall before they break either your heart or a more exposed part of your anatomy.)

I have been a "serious student" of some of this, having worked in the field, particularly the ASW area.

My only comment will be, see if you "live long enough" to see that X47-B ever land on a carrier, and, Wayne you are a little younger than I, so "good luck" !!!

Lee

Messages In This Thread

Re: more coolness