Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Natgas Weekly Chart/Silverbear
In Response To: Re: Natgas Weekly Chart ()

Hey Silverbear,

Yup, you, me and Ronbo are the only natty longs on this board that I've seen so far. We're a rare breed for sure at this stage, which is great from a contrarian standpoint. Definitely starting to see some momo for NG, especially on the heels of a report that wasn't particularly bullish in itself, as you say. And the weekly and monthly charts are looking even 'prettier' after yesterday's close.

I've developed an interest in this market over the last year or so, following it closely, but did not get serious about building positions until February when I ramped up my campaign on a number of fronts. For NG itself, I've been using a combination of things with the main core being deep-in-the money UNG options. Also a little bit in GAS on the Canadian side plus trading in and out of HNU at times. Lastly, I've bought into some junior producers but recently exited all my ECA with a nice profit near the highs. As you and I chatted about before, I'll be looking for a good re-entry into ECA if the opportunity presents itself. If not, no problemo as I already have a pretty full plate.

Thinking of your handle, I've also started to build a small short position in Silver. The Silver stocks themselves have certainly turned very bearish. Are you actually a Silver bear yerself, lol, or is there another story behind the handle?

Best regards

Messages In This Thread

Re: Natgas Weekly Chart/Silverbear