Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: corn top
In Response To: Re: corn top ()

Trend, you stated "And I personal think that my cycle stuff is far ahead of what you may use?"

I truly hope your stuff IS beyond my techniques. I don't begrudge anyone success. If you are successful, it does not make me unsuccessful. However, your statement is comparative. You are directly comparing the results of your techniques to mine. To this I must ask a question. How can we know what your results are? I do not profess to read everything on this forum by any stretch. However, I do not recall where you have attempted anything even remotely similar to what my techniques have demonstrated.

My post that originated this thread was posted on March 7th, 2 days into a $120 drop in corn that saw almost not a single day of rally. That post declared a major drop was coming immediately.

My next post predicting market behavior was at the end of April when corn was trading in the $7.50's. It also spoke of a major drop coming. In the next 12 days, corn dropped 90 cents. You may have written many, but I have never read any specifics by which to judge your cycle techniques. I have taken great risks to my reputation by posting very specific thoughts on market direction. It is a very difficult thing to accomplish.

Now, you may have a problem with my announcement at the end of April that the "highs were in". I mailed out a thousand flyers telling people the grains had topped. If you'll notice wheat topped at the time I wrote that flyer (April 26). It HAS NOT BROKEN THAT PRICE, and is now at the lowest price since that date! At the time of publication, wheat was rallying like mad and it took great confidence to write "no new highs", when people were talking MUCH higher prices, as day after day, 20 cent plus rallies were scaring people.
Nearby SOYBEANS have NOT made new highs either. Its top was 2-10-11. It has gone a little higher than the price it was trading at when I published at the end of April, but not much. With soybeans in the $13 -$14 range, there are not many small moves. Making a prediction that is still holding true 45 days later, is no small matter.

Corn has been more resilient than i thought it would. It HAS made new nearby highs, but only by 15 cents so far, and this in the greatest, most volatile bull in history.

You stated "you need to think like a trader and not worry about major lows or highs. To a trader they mean nothing."
Not everyone here is a trader. I believe it is VERY valuable for a producer to know when prices will not go any higher. Also, as a trader, I found it quite valuable to know that the MAJOR LOW of 9-8-09 would send prices higher for months and months and not be broken.

God Bless
Roger

Messages In This Thread

Re: corn top