Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: no more ethanol subsidy passes senate/Wayne

Hi Wayne,

I agree with your comments, but would add ....

Now we know Ethanol is a "loser" in terms of energy. Takes more to produce than we get back as a motor fuel.

Was pushed through by then Sen. Bob Dole - you know how that politics goes, and the rage was to "save our farmers".

Thanks to the Internet !!!!!!!!!

If, 20 years ago when it started, and I read a piece in the newspaper and was asked to vote on it, I may have favored it !!!??? But now, we have much more information, and readily available.

But, in the "overall scheme of things" I wonder if that 5 billion is really that significant to the "farming community" as a whole. It certainly created a "wasteful" inefficient industry as far as motor fuels are concerned.

What was the effect at the gas pump and the economy ?? New refinery processes, blending etc. New gas pumps/tankage for the E85 crap, research/development on the effects on auto engines and fuel systems ....... and on and on it goes ...

Farmers will do fine at the $4 level and I think the free markets will ensure that.

My 2 cents,

Lee

Messages In This Thread

Re: no more ethanol subsidy passes senate/Wayne