Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: weather June 27-July 4th/Ceejay

Hi Ceejay,
Thanks !!

But, I tried not to ask an "unfair" question.

Just a "relative thought" as to what the week for the weather report you are posting might do to Air Conditioning demand. AND, clearly you don't know the "location of every air conditioner" but you have a pretty good idea where the "population resides" and where the "Heat, Humidity, Clouds" will be that week.

The weekly Thursday report:
http://ir.eia.gov/ngs/ngs.html

A year or so ago I was tracking the change in storage and the change in price. Found no agreement at all. Price did what it did !!!

Will go back to it.
I don't know where that "expected" number comes from in Hal's posts. Have to find them and see what is in there.

In short, I could never relate "price behavior" to that storage report.

There are "more terms to the equation" and I just "don't know what they are" !!!

Yes, weather is a significant factor, but I do not think it is the "whole story" by any stretch !!

Overall Ng consumption just doesn't vary that much in the short term (beyond weather related consumption) for weather to be the main driver for the weekly price variations when that report comes out.

Right now, it sure looks like Ng is tracking the "seasonal chart". We'll see soon enough as price approaches 4.

Thanks, Lee

Messages In This Thread

Re: weather June 27-July 4th/Ceejay