Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: weather July 4th-11th/CeeJay

Hi Ceejay,

Thanks, and I keep digging !!

I think I have gained a fair understanding of the technical side/charts with many thanks to Trades, Wayne and many others.

Ng has always escaped me. And I allow that the Thursday am behavior has always had my curiosity.

I am an engineer and maybe dig too deeply at times, but I pick a market (and treat it like a crossword puzzle/hobby) it becomes a "side issue that I enjoy" and usually learn something !!! Sure beats doing "puzzles" or watching TV !!

I may not be the "brightest bulb in the box" !!! credit to Wayne for that comment but usually if I keep at it I will figure it out.

I understand your point/comments. I think you do "understand the weather" that is part of what got me interested but it was the Thursday am. gyrations that I really wanted to tackle - then you started posting and we got into this exchange - and I think I have learned a lot as a result as well as enjoying it !!!

On technical trading/understanding:
You commented:
"
Technical traders use charts and patterns in those charts to try and "crystal ball" price movements."

THERE IS NO CRYSTAL BALL !! If you ever want to delve into it just say so. Also follow what Trades posts as he usually explains what is going on with the chart in detail.

Anyway, I agree with Haligonian, the day is coming for the Ng market. I intend to learn as much as I can so that when the time comes I will have the confidence/understanding to stay with it because it can certainly go through some wild gyrations at times.

I'll do another post later/tomorrow on Ng data but I was surprised to find that there are about 450,000 producing gas wells in the US at the moment.

Good Luck trading,
Lee

Messages In This Thread

Re: weather July 4th-11th/CeeJay