Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Corn/Beans/At Seasonal Highs

Trades and Coral,

You both implied there are numerous examples where my predictions failed terribly. In an attempt to keep the discussion centered on the facts I offered to stand up to any example you might show me. The one that has been suggested was dated March 7, 2011. I stated that a major drop in corn was coming immediately. That message was posted 2 trading days from the top of March 4th. Corn proceeded to make a drop of over $130 in 12 days!

I then posted on April 29th that the highs were in, that nearby corn would not make new highs. That post was made while corn was in the $7.50's. IMMEDIATELY following that post corn dropped to $6.59 in the next 13 days! Yes, corn did go on to make new highs........ by 16 cents! And then it has quickly collapsed below the $7.50's again. This is the greatest bull run in the history of corn, and so far the prediction of "the highs are in" has been off by 16 cents.

You are conveniently overlooking that Beans and Wheat were a part of that prediction. Those two markets HAVE NOT MADE NEW HIGHS, and we have had over 2 months of market action. What's more wheat dropped over $2.40 in that time period.

Please consider what has been (and is being) done. It seems very easy to look back once the time has passed and explain market behavior. It has been demonstrated in real time, on this public website, that market behavior can be projected. The examples are recorded at grainmarkettiming.com.

I asked for an example of failure. You gave me nothing but an example that proves the techniques. To exhibit the kind of honesty i expect from others, I will give you what I think is MY biggest failure in predicting turning points for over 2 years on this site. For weeks leading up to September 2010, I put out a prediction of Sept 22-29th 2010 as a major turn. On September 27th corn started a 70 cent drop that took only 1 week. However, Corn quickly rebounded to go much higher. I was dead wrong in thinking that top would last, and publicly stated here that I would have to "take my lumps" for corn going higher.

What I thought would be a bigger top turned out to be a very hard correction in the continuing trend higher. I did not post about corn again until the March 4th top where corn once again experienced a collapse, dropping $130 in 13 days! The predictions have been characterized as a continuing attempt to call the top over and over again. This most definitely has not been the case. Other than saying the Sept 2010 top would last for a very long time, the April 29th time period is the only time I have stated "the tops are in". And to this point, it has been perfectly accurate in Beans and wheat, and only slightly off in corn.

Corn has only traded above the $7.84 April 11th top in 3 trading days!! So, to be accurate about the prediction: Beans and Wheat dead on, and corn off by 16 cents during a 3 day period in the greatest bull run in history.

I am not scared of the public record, on the contrary, it is evidence that proves the techniques.

Roger

Messages In This Thread

Re: Corn/Beans/At Seasonal Highs *PIC*