Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Nat. Gas Market and Options

The Archer report (link located at the bottom of the NG options quotes page on this site) suggests that next week's storage report will indicate net injections significantly lower than the seasonal average, but that longer range weather forecasts and high production numbers, plus a challenging economy, will tend to pull NG toward 3.75 by the end of the month. I completely agree that next weeks storage number will be low...near 70 Bcf probably, but I don't see significant cooling for the south, TX, most of the NE (from NY and down the seaboard) or the Ohio Valley through the end of the month. The weather ensembles I consult maintain more-or-less the high heat pattern over much of the US west of the Rockies without a break through July 17. Also, the pace of tropical system formation in the Carribean is likely to pick up after the first week of July. So I disagree with the Archer longer-range forecast, and agree with your analysis, Coral. As the mainly hot summer continues, the tendancy for overall storage to be below the 5 year average should persist heading into the Fall. Any significant tropical system will create spikes that can be taken advantage of provided one owns a few cheap calls (for August through Oct).