Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Webmaster/Text with pics/Trades/Mike

Hi Mike,
Thanks !! I will dig into this further. I did not have the time when the issue first came up.

This area is probably the most complicated issue the industry has created because
neither the sending or receiving computer necessarily have the same screen size, resolutions (number of pixels 'dots" capable of being displayed) nor the same "window size".

I'll leave "window re-sizing out of this".

Text should wrap to the "screen width" of the receiver, independent of the line length (number of characters)
or the "font size/style" of the receiving computer.

Images are normally/always displayed in their (as sent) size "w x h" pixels and rarely if ever re-sized on receipt for display.

Standard screen resolutions have evolved as the display technology developed.
480 x ?? I forget
640 x 480
800 x 600
1024 x 768
1280 x forget and higher.

This means that you can "stuff more stuff" on the screen but if the screen size is 15 inch as Wayne just mentioned,
it will eventually be so small that you can't read/see it !!

Will experiment further.

FWIW.
i kept most of these lines short in the "text box" and the longer ones did wrap to the width
of my screen.

More later, Lee