Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: weather, July 14-21 Ng Build est./CeeJay

Hi CeeJay,
Yes it was !!!

I clearly did not expect anything like that !!! But, don't get discouraged,

I think some Nuclear Power came back on line this week. That is a big chunk out
of the demand side.

On Nuclear, I have a link for the 104 licensed plants but cannot find anything on the refueling
schedule or anything on when plants that are offline, or operating at less than full
capacity will be brought back up. When the Fort Calhoun plant in Nebraska comes
back up in a few weeks when flood waters subside we should see another substantial
drop in demand. [Not sure about coal fired backups out there.]

I think the charts that Trades and Wayne have recently posted paint a pretty
clear picture of current price and where it MIGHT go. But one good hurricane
steaming into the Gulf will change the ballgame !!

If we "owned a gas fired power plant" we would have better visibility. There is data
out there, but expensive !!! But they are no "smarter" than we are !!!!!

Keep chugging. It is a complex industry, but it can be "understood" !!!
Lee