Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: weather Aug1-8 and tropical update/CJ *PIC*

Hi CeeJay,
Thanks !! I held off for a bit to see if anything else of interest developed.

So far, Ng price is holding up OK even though trading is so light I'm not sure how much it means, beyond "It didn't go down !!".

High Temp. regions likely overlay the "high Ng plant regions" about the same as last week although max. temps will be down a touch .....

On this:
"
Last weeks heatwave will show up in this weeks injection numbers which i expect to be lower to much lower than the 5 yr average. "

I have to do more work on this ...... Seems everyone and their grandmother has the included storage chart in their "back pocket". I'm not completely sure what this chart is intended to show. Clearly it DOES SHOW that we are producing enough gas at the moment to meet expected demand using that 5 year average range.

But if you "nitpick" the numbers in the summary statement above the chart in the weekly EIA report I think you can glean some more information. For, example it appears that the "producing region" is "well stocked/over stocked" and Ng is moving east into storage there. As those levels rise, the tendency would be to push prices down.

Anyway, my interest is solely to get a "heads up" on what may be coming with price, before it shows up on the chart.

All you have to do is "price out" the moves of 7/20 or 7/21 and it becomes clear that such an "ability" may be worth the effort.

Not that last week/Thursday tells the whole story, but the Heat did not effect price, so, maybe one will find that there is a "lag" that can be determined ??

I certainly allow that a hurricane moving into the Gulf shutting down production will have an effect. But if price was "poised to go down due to supply situation" the hurricane event may only serve to prevent prices from declining further.

My current take on the last several days is that Ng in "rental storage" was sold off from the 4.5 level into the "Heat demand".

At the moment, price is up tonight, but trading is so light I don't know that looking at the 7/24 bar as it has developed to this point is at all meaningful as to what tomorrow may bring ??

Just some thoughts,
Thanks, Lee

Messages In This Thread

weather Aug1-8 and tropical update *PIC*
Re: weather Aug1-8 and tropical update/CJ *PIC*