Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: FutureSource.com gone/Gian
In Response To: FutureSource.com gone ()

Hi Gian,
I find that little that is free is "worthwhile" !!

You could look at OptionsXpress. The charts come with the account(real time streaming). As does streaming real time data.

When I say real time, I mean it. I have experimented placing an order when things are trading moderately (trade volume not running wild), I can place an order, see the volume count tick up and sure enough, I have been filled. Same goes if you place an order at Bid/Ask as appropriate, you can see it fill instantly. I mean a "mouse click". You can place an order right off the "streaming chart" and see the "fill marker" pop up instantly at the "price point" on the bar of the chart.

On the charts, you can have 3 ma's plus Bollenger bands, no problem, plus many "lower studies" to select from. Many other "upper/lower" tools available.

I know you can create a panel of at least 6 charts as you describe and switch among them. I have had trouble annotating charts with trend lines etc. and saving them, also switching among time frames(losing annotations). I allow that I lose patience and just use the basic settings, ma's and at times Bollinger bands. The RSI and Macd is fine but often you want different settings for different time frames, and I gave up !!!

So, maybe the charts are my lack of patience.
I don't know how far you can get, testing out Ox without opening an actual account but you may want to give them a try, or call and see how it looks.

Otherwise, Ox is "IMPECCABLE" !!!!!

I could write a book on Ox !!! There is so much there. Just get in there and give them a look and see if they meet your needs/expectations.

Lee