Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

NTR Catfish Update ?/Wayne

Hi Wayne,
How did you do on the Catfish expedition ??

Do you like to eat them?? How do you cook them.??

I became "spoiled" on flounder/fluke growing up in S. Jersey and always found catfish to be too "wet/mushy".

We did a dinner in Burlington, Vt. dubbed "Champs chunks" after the Lake Champlain version of the "lockness Monster".
- It was deep fried, beer battered 1 in. chunks of fish. Popular "white fish" Scrod/Cod, Haddock etc. were not only too expensive but dried out too much in the fryer. But, Catfish cooked up great in the fryer and folks loved it !!!

At the time, no one ate Catfish in that part of the world, rejected it "out of hand". The main seafood distributor in Burlington suggested it and started bringing it up from Boston for me.

They sold so well, I actually started thinking about "farming them". All you need to do for "feed" is send a kid around to the seafood restaurants and collect the "table scraps", they chow it like Piranha !! Learned that at a restaurant on Lake Pontchartrain above New Orleans that was out on a pier and you scraped your plate over the water to feed the Catfish, triggering a "wild feeding frenzy" that was something to see !!!

Lee

Messages In This Thread

NTR Catfish Update ?/Wayne