Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Stock Market Update/Insider

I have to agree it will be easy to blame the Republicans for a lot of financial problems. With so many Americans out of work and their home values falling and stocks whipsawing to down over the last 10 years I was amazed that the Republicans demanded no tax increases for the wealthy. That has go to be the dumbest political strategy I have ever seen with the U.S. public in such bad shape and wall street types being bailed out. The average American would likely agree about ending overspending and cuts but must wonder why Republicans would not agree to a tax increase on the wealthy after what they as a society have had to endure. So I agree it should be easy for Obama to turn tables on the Republicans at the right time. And yes trashing things for awhile and then blaming the Republicans and especially the right wing Tea Party members for the problem because they refused to tax the wealthy. Hard to believe the Republicans would be that politically foolish with society in such bad shape and pissed off at the wealthy and wall street boys for their lack of paying the price. As a Canadian I don't know the whole story as we didn't have that bad a recession and employment rebounded and house prices are stil rising overall. But why in the world anyone would object to raising taxes on the wealthy a little would not be justified is beyond my understanding. If not them who? No one else has any money to speak of. Thanks for your response.

Messages In This Thread

Re: Stock Market Update/Insider