Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Stock Market Update/Insider

Well said again. I recently have had 'discussions' about so called 'safe dividend paying stocks." My point was they are not safe and the low reward for the high 'real risk' was not worth chasing. In fact my point was being in cash with no interest at all was a better deal as at least their capital was not being exposed to danger. And return OF capital is more important than return ON capital. But society has been brainwashed into thinking you MUST have a "portfolio" of stocks or you aren't being grown up responsible 'investors'. There is no way in hell most people will ever be able to be talked out of this concept. I have given up trying because they will never ever get it through their thick heads. Brainwashing works and it is too late for those that believe this permanent stock portfolio mentality. And of course now that the market has been selling off since early May other than a few up days here stock holders are underwater on many stocks. So they are now convincing themselves it is ok to accept a capital loss as they are long term 'investors' that hold stocks for the 'dividend' and it doesn't matter about market 'fluctuations'. So let the lambs be lead to the slaughterhouse as someone has to play that role it seems. And once again the old saying "It'll come back" will be the theme as their portfolios crash and they hang on to plunging stocks as they always do. I guess selling them all would put into question their entire belief system and that just wouldn't be acceptable.

Messages In This Thread

Re: Stock Market Update/Insider