Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Lee, Are you still using optionxpress?/Gian

I have been playing with the extend program a little this weekend and the program has a little popup window to notify when alerts happen. The window will popup and say connection is disconnected and in a few seconds the window will say connection is reconnected. I am guessing this is when the streaming charts windows quit functioning.

I live in rural missouri and have a dsl connection @ 1.5megabit per second download speed. I have traded with a couple of other trading platforms (fxcm and track n trade) for the forex markets and do not have any problems.

Lee, I don't know were you are located or what type of internet connection that you have, but, it is odd that we are experiencing the exact same problems.This just kind of rules out our internet connection as the problem. It seems to be on their end.

I am considering switching trading platforms. I want electric online trading that trades the electronic markets, I am not interested in making phone calls. If the rates are reasonable that is fine with me, they do not have to be the cheapest, if the charts and trading platform are good. I would like to have the ability to trade stocks, etfs and futures, do not care much for the forex.

I am considering Ameritrade and was wondering if you have had any experience with them.

Thank You