Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: How iz everyone? my si. thoughts/Ronbo *PIC*

Hey Ron, good to see your recent thoughts on Silver. I'm thinkin' along the same lines here currently ie. short Silver versus long Gold. Silver has been my bread and butter since early May, and like yourself, I've been playing it from both sides as conditions have warranted. Had to reverse hard from short to long in early July after taking a little heat but made out very nicely on the long side before exiting it all at the end of the 2 week surge. Went short again after that but covered a bunch of SLV 36 puts on Friday. Started layering in more shorts again today when I saw Silver's performance diverging from Gold once again. Also keeping an eye on Silver stocks such as SLW which took it on the chin today as well...that has been happening with great frequency lately too! And it is the 'tell' that makes me not trust Silver's initial strength this morning. Also noteworthey is the divergence of Golds stocks against a soaring bullion price here. Despite strength through much of the session, both the HUI and XAU managed to close in the red by day's end on the heels of historic highs for Gold...another giant red flag! 'Interesting' times lately hey to say the least, lol...trust all is wel with you and yours Ron.

Anyway, here's one view of today's Gold/Silver ratio chart: