Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Dr. Marty NTR/Silverbear
In Response To: Re: Dr. Marty NTR/Silverbear ()

Trades,
I use the monthly and weekly for narrow range trading - HGU/HGD, and the SPX..They can give you good set ups.
I use the dailies for the monster movers like TNA/TZA. The triple etf's have huge ranges that can knock the piss out of weekly pivots.I daytrade the triples. No overnight positions - yer right - they can dump over $ 1.00 or more on the open.
I usually plot the pivots on the Russell 2000 - and trade either way.
If you plot weekly pivots on the SPTGD(TSX Gold Index) - you can set buy/sell stops at the HGU/HGD levels during the week. Grab a weekly chart and you'll see what I mean.
The daily range in the triples gives you more than enough room to trade. I usually want to just catch the middle of the range. One of the master traders in "Market Wizards" said that he wants to be just like a bird and peck away at the crumbs - the middle of the move.
On Friday, TNA moved from 37.17 - 42.88. My first pivot was at 38.04, which is where I entered. R1 was at 42.68 - but I got out at 42.00. I was only after $3.00 - but stayed in until noon. I got another buck out of it. Very tense trades - they can dump in a New York minute.
SPXU is also a good one to trade - less volatility than the Russell.

Hope that helps!

I still have not heard from Dr. Marty.