Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: sold natgas calls /Lee/Trades

Hi Trades,
Thanks, I understand your comments.

Was not trying to beat a dead horse but have been looking for a turn upward if it is going to follow the seasonals at all.

On this comment:
"Seasonals haven't been much help with NG for a long time either due to extreme bearish fundamentals. "

I thought the seasonals were tracking pretty well for last month or so, but maybe I'm reading too much into it ???

I try to avoid "counter trend trading" and had been shorting Ng off and on when it moved "sensibly" and could catch a decent day trade......Until yesterday when I got out of my short with a whopping $3 profit !!!!! Went long this morning, following it closely as it went up. When it stalled at 4.0 I closed out.

I figured it was all done going up for today and when it did jump up to 4.05 there is no way I would have caught.it.

I am "all done shorting it" for the time being until the "dust settles" !! But, I do think there is a chance for it to continue higher and would likely trade it up if the opportunity arises, but it could just as well come crashing down on tomorrow's inventory report, so will certainly stay clear of that and be ready for the aftermath as I do think this market is fixing to start moving. Volume also seems to have been pretty healthy today as well.

Thanks, Lee