Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: sold my coffee put/TJC
In Response To: Re: sold my coffee put ()

Hey buddy, glad to hear you made out well...
Sounds like you know what you're doing, much more than I with this this thin options market in this particular commodity....
I should not complain as what I did was a very low risk trade, with oodles of time as well (Dec. contract) and I made 70% on my money!
But it was so strange, I was in contact (via live messaging) with my broker the entire time, and she said the bid/ask was just crazy the entire time! I was actually lucky to even get a fill, there was no volume, it was not until the 2nd attempt downwards that I got filled...and I should have gotten much more for it....

But like I say, I made good money....
But it sounds like you played it nearly perfectly, esp. considering you were traveling at the time!

Kudos to ya! :)

Messages In This Thread

sold my coffee put
Re: sold my coffee put
Re: sold my coffee put/TJC