Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: U.S.$ Index/Successful Test of Breakout/Trades

Hi Trades,
Thanks !!

Time to keep an eye on the "store" !!!!

Thanks for mentioning the keyboard issue. Never ran into anything like that !! Have had "multiple keystrokes/sticky keys" or green crud on connectors where re-seating them usually fixes it.

Since into stuff like that ....

One thing I do periodically is re- seat all of the external connectors when I shut the computer down (turn off). Probably every 2 or 3 months on the re-seating.

I keep Windows Task Manager fired up and pay attention to memory usage. When memory usage starts to climb, I completely turn the computer off and re-boot it. Maybe every week or so. Otherwise I just leave them in Standby or Hibernate.

I prefer to keep the computers in a "low power state" rather than "off" as I firmly believe it is the "heating/cooling" of the wire bonds in the chips that are the major cause of hardware failure. That with the "breathing" of the "non hermetically sealed chips" that promotes the green crud growth inside the chip packages. Keeping the IC package temperatures slightly above ambient minimizes the breathing.

Just some thoughts.

Thanks, Lee