Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Silver ETF:SLV/""Different Chart"/Silverbear

Very good point about the negative possibilities with Silver. I've been saying for awhile now rightly or wrongly that I don't think Silver will outperform Gold on rallies as a speculative 'risk on' investment anymore for some time as Gold is being viewed as more of a currency play not a risk on play like previous rallies where Silver always outperformed. And Silver has been a lagard on the Gold rallies. Silver should trade more like Copper as it is used almost 1/2 industrially rather than jewelry etc.
As far as the Histogram and Force indicator they are much faster than the RSI 21. I like the RSI 21 as it is longer in nature and takes in short term fluctuations better than the Histogram and Force indicator. Nice to see both on the chart. But I do like those Elder bars that catch each day's momentum confirmations or failures with the Histogram along with the direction of the 13ema. Nice to see color coordinated things that say so much at a glance without any explanation. Thanks for the heads up on the 'potential' Silver issue. It would be a major kick in the ass to wake up to that nightmare. And I do like to sleep well and wake up knowing someone didn't trash me in my sleep.