Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Need Help Executing An Order, Trader 101

"and trying some real trades soon" this is the only way you will learn anything meaningful about yourself and trading.

Reply]
Very true. I totally lose it every time I go from paper, to electronic paper trading, and again to real trading. It takes me a bit to sink into the groove. It's all psychological stuff too. It's important to cultivate your mental clarity, and have plenty of recreation time away from the charts.

I see it like this

1. Paper trading, from hand charts, then alter from delayed free online charts teaches you the system, and how to use it.
2. Electronic paper trading is what teaches you the timing and use of the electronic order entry.
3. Real trading take you to the final step.

If you can properly transgress through steps 1 and 2, you should be able to trade for real, without losing your account. However, it's going to take a long time of real trading before you become proficient enough to really crank out the profits.

Messages In This Thread

Re: Need Help Executing An Order, Trader 101