Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Gold/Lee *PIC*
In Response To: Gold/Trades ()

Gold is on an important support level measured in a few ways around $1580 as I posted. This tight price pattern is either bottoming and about to breakout on the upside on some b.s. fabricated European story "OR" it really is a Bear Flag. One could make that technical argument with the Flagpole straight down and the consolidation Flag. With this much support I suspect it is not a bear Flag not that it cares what I suspect. But either way the breakout of it should typically be strong and fast one way or the other. Would not want to be on the wrong side of the break as it would be costly. And price could drop down to the next support area and then rebound like it did in the fall of 2008. And there is plenty of evidence economically of the similarities of 2008 and now. So best to either straddle it or strangle it with options or wait for the break and chase it. I am waiting for one or perhaps two more days for a buy signal that 'should be' close by on the Gold stock ETF:GDX myself. Just need a little more proof of an upside move next. Trying to be patient as impatience can be expensive.

Messages In This Thread

Gold/Trades
Re: Gold/Lee *PIC*
Re: Gold/Lee/Trades
Re: Gold/Lee *NM*