Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Andrew/ Tech stuff info *LINK*

As far as learning about technical analysis a good book is The Visual Investor by John Murphy. Anything by him is good including Charting Made Easy which is simpler yet. Or one of the trading books for dummies type of books to get the basic ideas before wading into some heavy technicals is also a good idea. But it's easy to get bogged down with a ton of indicators and analysis and get get lost in the forest of it all. Best to read a couple of books like that without getting bogged down on any of it and then look at a site like this LINK I'm attaching to Stockcharts.com. Much of it is free but a subscriber has far more to view and use. I pay $24.95 per month and it has far more on it than Qcharts that I pay $150 per month for but I learned on Qcharts and it is more interactive with sizing a chart etc which i prefer. But check this site out. See on the right side Public Charts and it links you to numerous other individuals that post their charts and comments all the way down. You will learn more off that than anything and start to understand what is important. Along with reading a book or two on technicals seeing it in action with others on this site you will find your own preferred style of 'set ups' that work and are comfortable to trade. Spend a lot of time on all these charts for a long time before trading and you will see the mindset of the analysis. Recently Stockcharts had a major conference in Seattle and recorded the entire event explaining everything on their site to use etc. The 3 DVD's are being offered for $99 to cover everything they offer which is considerable. I ordered them as there is a lot of tools etc on the site I'm not using or know much about. I figured for a hundred bucks that I can win or lose in a heartbeat it was worth the money. Info like this or a book or two is dirt cheap knowledge compared to what you can lose quickly in any single trade. You have to spend a little money to make money. Can't be a cheap skate like so many and think you can make money trading without paying for knowledge. It amazes me how traders will lose thousands of dollars and even wipe out their account but are too cheap to spend a hundred bucks or so on some good books on the subject. And you'll find trading isn't just with stocks and commodities. Everything you do in life or don't do is a trade whether you like it or not. That is something to give a lot of thought to.......................

Messages In This Thread

Andrew/ Tech stuff info *LINK*
Re: Andrew/ Tech stuff info