Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: weather Oct 31- Nov 7th #2/CeeJay

Hi CeeJay,

On CHK and production, and costs:

It still looks like "Walmart Ng" High Volume, low prices !!!

The Aubrey etchings from CHK are easy enough to find for those interested.
Sounds like they will be shifting more to Liquids as time goes on as they are more profitable but still yield a lot of dry gas. So looks like production is not going to decline drastically save a major event.

There seems to be profitability down as low as 2.50 depending on the area/region.
Seems some producers are using the cash from liquids to offset the drilling costs to maintain their leases.

There are also quite a few nuclear plants down for re-fueling and coal plants for fall maintenance, so this is no doubt supporting Ng consumption and price at the moment.

I will likely cut back on "what I post" as few seem interested in "how this industry functions"

I imagine Ng prices will stay down until we start to see some serious cold weather and heating demand starts to ramp up. What else is there ??? The economy is so crappy Industrial demand is not likely to change.
Otherwise a HUGE CANE in the Gulf that takes out all of the platforms/rigs and half of the Gulf coast infrastructure ??? NOT LIKELY at this point !!!!

Maybe Wayne can peddle some "open air Ng space heaters" to the OWS crowd now that he has discovered they have a half million bucks and that park/tents are going to get "pretty chilly" !!!

Take care,
Thanks, Lee

Messages In This Thread

weather Oct 31- Nov 7th
Re: weather Oct 31- Nov 7th/CeeJay
Re: weather Oct 31- Nov 7th #2/CeeJay