Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Trading/Charting ?? Lee/Trades/Hal/Gian

Hi Hal, Gian
Thanks for the comments.
Hal posted some thoughs added to his last post, possibly you saw it.

Yes, in short, I am very interested and the issue has made it far enough on my list to get it "sorted out".

I don't know on your "order stuffing comment" ??? Will come back to that later.

I can envision a number of scenarios depending on the situation.

Start with the comment "running stops" that I'm sure you have encountered.

Assume an entity with fairly "deep pockets" wants to go long say 100 contracts.
- Maybe a fund ?? ...
Being intelligent about it they wait until the market is trading just above where they think stops may be located.

Then they start "selling low - maybe one is enough" if acceptable offers result they buy them otherwise they place a successively lower offer and on it goes until the market starts responding with sufficient offers to buy up (or someone else does) driving price back up.

Maybe this is where the "retail trade" jumps in with an "oh wow" look how low this is and they jump in and start buying as well.

No Einstein stuff going on here, I'm just looking at some charts and saying "if the market is 'not doing this naturally' what could happen to bring it about" !!!!!????

Enough for now,
Appreciate any thoughts, this whole discussion I suspect could get messy !!! With lots of possible scenarios.

Thanks, Lee