Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Europe/Wayne

Hi Wayne,
No great argument on this ........ BUTTT,

I won't be able to support all of what follows in this writing .......

Our govt. for what ever reason is "still fighting the cold war" !!!

We cut a deal with China to buy their cheap goods, and they take the cash and buy our Tbills in return.
- Build China's poor, huge population and economy so they can stand on their own two feet.

Noble goal, go back to the 30's ....

We seem to endeavor to do that with every country one by one .........

And I sure remember the "domino crap" of the Vietnam, Cold war era ...

Do not want to dig too deep here and run out of time but look at some countries/situations.

Are things better or worse in the world today than they were in 1940, 50, 60 ...????

Yes it has cost us, and "may bury us" but do not intend to debate that here.
======
I start with the comment:
THERE ARE STILL MANY "BAD ACTORS" LEFT AROUND THE WORLD !!!

But, I cite, and you correct me ......
- Without trying to "order" the comments at this time ....
- Relations have improved, Issues nearly non-existant beyond normal day to day crap.
--------
China - Nixon 70's
Soviet Union/Russia - Regan 80's
----
Following quickly and in no particular order/comment....
South east Asia
Western Pacific
Europe, nearly all, In spite of the Economic problems you cited, but there is no War going on ..
- It seems all of eastern Europe is now on pretty solid ground .........
Central Amearica
South America - save maybe Venezuela and ?? Can't really think of another serious issue. The drug thing with Columbia seems to be doing Ok.

Now for completeness:
Going North we have Canade, the Artic Ice cap, Greenland, Iceland and then going South we have Australia, New Zealand, South pole and ........Maybe Indonesia - which I don't see as an issue at this writing - they seem to be doing OK.
-------
So, What's Left ??????????

The Sand Folks in the Middle east (I exclude Turkey) (Maybe now Egypt) but the rest may well bury themselves especially if we pull out of Iraq and Iran moves in.

I exclude Israel here as they have had 50++ years to solve their problems and have chosen not to do it. And, Yes, the US politicians have supported that crap for the votes.

Last is Africa:
You have certainly come up to speed on the "tribal culture" of Northern Africa in recent months.

I have no real clue on what can be done accomplished in Africa. Below the Northern Desert tribal areas, Libya (maybe a good step forward this week) but going South ??? Until they "remove the Pope" and get some semblance of "birth control, education" in there I doubt anything will improve.

Look at the Bill Gates/Buffet and the various Clinton efforts - has anything really improved ????
- I guess that should include Haiti !!!!

NOW TO THE BIG ONE !!!!
Afghanistan and Pakistan .... Things have certainly become "more public" in recent week.

Pakistan has been supporting the Al-Qaeda all along and Afghanistan has NOW said that if the US fiddles with Pakistan they will "support Pakistan" !!!!!!!!! In spite of all the $$ we have sent to both countries over the years, not to mention the loss of lives in Afghanistan.

An Indian friend has been telling me for 3+ years that Pakistan was not our friend. They would take our money, but sell us out in the end. It seems to have come to pass.

Possibly not broadcast on US television, but I saw it on an Indian cable feed. Pakistan has invoked the Nuclear word, with the "reminder" that they posses Nuclear Weapons.

So, Wayne, what would you do with "Such a Threat" !!! Need I ask, You have already posted images in other posts.

I would allow 30 days to remove the Civilian population then "level the offending country".

If the crap starts in another Country - repeat the process.

Eventually it will END !!!!

My current, disgusted thoughts,
Lee