Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Does anyone here use Bollinger bands, & MAs?

Actually, I think the secrets of the markets have been published..well little parts of it, by many different people anyway.

My view is that the markets have a good number of reoccurring conditions that repeat over, and over again. Everyone of them has someone who knows how to profit from them. The guy who makes the most, knows the most set ups that takes advantage of the most repeating conditions.

Take me, I use basic price motion, trend lines, support/resistance and break out patterns to choose my over all markets. Then once I know which ones are good, I have 5 different set ups I can watch for. The method works just as good for day trading on fast time frames, as it does longer ones.

That is just me. I am sure everyone here has thier own.

As for publishing, I just downloaded a huge PDF file what contains 490+ trading books, including everything WD Gann ever wrote. There's even weird stuff by him on astrology and books he never published that were just for his buddies.

so, from where I am sitting, ALL the secrets HAVE been published already. It's up to us to learn and master them.