Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

rabbit using another broker to exit a trade *LINK*

Hi rabbit, One should always set up three trading account being able to trade electronically and through the trading pits. Being able to get the floor tick number the ticket from the pit not the ticket number from the floor clerk because this pit ticket is the only that can be used to exit the position later. Your broker has that ticket number. I never traded without getting it as that was one of the requirements doing business with a broker.

When your broker is having trouble say with phone down and you can not get your order in, you know that broker that has been bugging you for your business well you can call him and ask him to do a curtsey trade and get you out of the trade as he can with the floor (pit ticket number) can execute that order and close out that trade for you. That is how important the floor (pit) ticket number is to have. I had to do this one time because my brokers phones went down and had no contact with them.

If you are trading from a electronic platform, I am not sure how you would go about the right ticket number ? But would be asking my broker questions about it that's for sure. I believe for the most part I would be trading directly to the floor and only use the electronically trading order platform sporadically based on other reasons.

USCoralSea

http://www.audio-bible.com/bible/bible.html

Messages In This Thread

rabbit using another broker to exit a trade *LINK*
Re: rabbit using another broker to exit a trade
Re: rabbit using another broker to exit a trade