Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: MF Global Hey, Wait a minute!!/Lub/Rabbit/++

Was able to catch a little bit on TV of Corzine. They were talking to a CEO of another brokerage company on TV today and he said he did not belive Corzine when he kept answering he didn't know. The CEO on TV said at his brokerage they met almost daily to go over where there money is. Also said that since its up to 1.2 bil that he thinks it has been happening for some time.

I read where the CME had said a month before after their audit that the customer funds were segregated. Was there flaws in the audit or did the money go missing in the last month. Another person said they think it went missing the weekend before the bankrucpty. I don't even think Corzine could steal that much over the weekend. Another said he thought that it would have been easier to move non cash like t-bills and other securities and this may have been what went missing because moving cash would have been noticed quicker. Who knows.

I read that they have something like 100+ forensic financial people and about 100 former MF Global people trying to find out where it went. On tv yesterday Charlie Gasporino said they may find out where it went, but said something like most likely went to major investors that were withdrawing their money, so it was due to them, and good luck trying to claw it back. Who knows where the money went missing. Now I know why people that do this go missing. Bottom line is someone or more than one made decisons that allowed this to happen. They need to go share a cell with the likes of Madoff, or Bernie Ebbers(Worldcom/MCI), or that guy from Enron. Wait the CEO of Enron went out with a heart attack I think. That may be ok too for the culprits in MF Global as long as it hurt like heck.