Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: MF Global 3rd Distribution/Rabbit
In Response To: Re: MF Global 3rd Distribution ()

Hi Rabbit,
Not specifically commenting on this post, but you seem to have all/most/ of the complete info.

Someone posted the MFG deposit agreement and a comparison (I think TD Ameritrade). I wanted to save them and review them for comparison to what Options Xpress provided. I can no longer find that post as there have been so many on the subject.

Please post a link to that if you know how to find it.

Not to raise a Red Flag on Ox, but Due Diligence says "look at it" !!!!

A little more on a close subject --- Cash sweeps and FDIC insurance.
Ox sweeps, daily, all unused cash into "interest bearing accounts" that are covered by FDIC insurance. (not that the interest is very important today)

Some time ago (couple of years and before the Charles Schwab buyout) Ox increased the amount of FDIC covered cash as follows:

The now standard $250,000 per account/bank has been increased to a huge number (far larger than I have to worry about) by automatically sweeping to separate accounts that qualify for FDIC. I think the total coverage may be about 5 million.

Thanks, Lee