Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: Presidential Cycle Not Bullish This Time *PIC*

I was thinking the same thing as politics rules. But I also keep thinking statistically no sitting president has ever been re-elected with a high unemployment rate and poor economics. EX:George Bush sr. won the Gulf war and was a shoe it to win a 2nd term but the economy turned down and his super war hero status couldn't overcome poor economics. I recall Republicans laughing at the time about who would dare run against G.Bush Sr as it was a given Bush would win again. And with the Republicans now controlling the House of Representatives they will likely cut off any money needed to spur a recovery just to accomplish this. All they have to do is say NO to everything with no funds and they get the perfect situation in Nov with a Republican President winning to go with the Republican House and with the mood of the public a Republican Senate likely to boot. I don't think Obama can win with the present situation. And he can't pull much off without a shit load of cash being spent. He and his dog just don't walk on water anymore. So the more ugly things get the more likely the Republicans will win the White House. That's my wild guess.