Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: U.S.$ Index/ Backing off Resistance

Trades, I think the small specs (large specs too), with their heavy long position in DX, are about to get crushed...don't see how they come out on top here against the deep-pocketed Commercial players and their massive shorts.

Thus, the long side of the stock and commodity markets are looking good to me for a short-term move up...only considering something into the March timeframe at the most though currently...perhaps no more than the end of this month, but we shall see.

Did you notice the action in the Gold stocks today? Pretty quiet, but most of the indices/etfs (XAU, GDX, GDXJ, XGD) shrugged off the weakness in bullion and closed higher on the day. GDXJ outperformed GDX and Silver also outperformed Gold. I suspect the Gold stock group may really come to life with earnings season, as the senior producers in particular report great bottom-line numbers that reflect bullion prices at $1600 and higher throughout the previous quarter. The margins for these guys are very rich now, but share prices have discounted a POG closer to $1000 than $1600 in recent weeks. When I consider how universally underowned and cheap these equities are on all valuation metrics, the contrarian in me feels that much more comfortable holding them for the moment...of course time will tell the wisdom of this analysis/positioning, but the despondent nature of most Gold bugs these days bodes well for it.

Messages In This Thread

U.S.$ Index/ Backing off Resistance *PIC*
Re: U.S.$ Index/ Backing off Resistance
Re: U.S.$ Index/ Backing off Resistance/Haligonian