Welcome to the TFC Commodity Trading Forum.
Please feel welcome to join in on these informative ongoing discussions about trading futures and commodities.

The Trading Forum is intended for the open discussion of commodities trading. The management of this Forum does not agree or disagree with the ideas exchanged, and does not exert editorial control over the message posted herein. Read and post at your own risk. The risk of loss in trading or commodities can be substantial. We discourage the use of this Forum to promote trading that is acknowledged to be risky. Please note: many links from the Forum lead to pages on other web sites. We cannot take responsibility for nor endorse the information presented on those sites.

TFC Commodity Trading Forum

Re: wal-mart misses earnings/Wayne

Hi Wayne,
Interesting, and Dell as well.
The plan was to get back on your AAPL response, so mainly centers on that but likely applies to Dell and Walmart as well.

But, something may be going on with China ??

Last nite ABC Nightline did a half hour on Apple manufacturing in China. I watched it and it was interesting.

Reported as a "no holds barred" view of the manufacturing facility at "Foxcomm plant (sp)" in China that manufactures for not only Apple but Intel, Dell and many others.

Covered a lot, but I have experience with the IBM chip manufacturing plant in Vermont. I think what they showed was precisely the facility on the day it was filmed.

My point here is more general ....Go back to your post/my response .........

"The current problem is that they cannot manufacture enough product to meet current demand" !!!!!

I have "lost the numbers" they flew by so fast and were so large ..........
- Something like 10,000 Ipads per hour or shift, doesn't matter, the numbers are huge !!!

The current back log is in the millions ..... All you have to do is look at the complexity of the manufacturing plant and just "guesstimate" the cost of replacing/upgrading/changing for a new product AND IT IS EASY TO SEE why Apple wil sell all of the current generation of product that customers are willing to pay for !!!!!!

When the next generation of product comes to market is anyone's guess but I suspect they have it all planned out.

You do not build/change those facilities/production lines in a week or month !!!

So, the IALL that I mentioned/joked about in the last post may be a "LONG time coming". It certainly appears to me that they can make relatively minor improvements/upgrades to the existing product line and sell "millions of replacements" as folks clamor for the upgrades !!!!

I once commented to an associate, that I would not want to be "tasked" with producing/manufacturing a "million" of anything !!! Think about it --- That is a BIG number !!!

Anyway, I think AAPL is worth watching !!

Lee

Messages In This Thread

Re: wal-mart misses earnings/Wayne
AAPL Update on ABC now/Wayne